Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Thursday, July 30, 2015

More upcoming shows and The Bast Collection

Somedays I feel like I'm in a time warp.  I try to focus on the here and now but then I'm constantly planning for the future.  It's a good thing I like to juggle several projects at once! However I've read several studies that say it isn't always a good thing to multi-task. 

Annnnywho, this random thought leads me to the blog post about upcoming events and my very much anticipated Bast Collection! As I was preparing and sketching for my Fall/Winter Collection, these bones (aka cat spine bone) and pieces were coming together and really much as led me to the Bast Collection....CATS.

If you follow me on social media, y'know I really do love cats and the craze has increased with every year that I have my own cats.    With the Brigid Collection I used tiny cat claws and I feel that it has led me in this direction.

Painting by Susan Seddon Boulet

Bast is one of the Egyptian Goddess' and has domain over several aspects, protectiveness, playfulness and many other characteristics of cats.  You can learn more about Bast, or Bastet here.

And in other news, I will once again be participating in the fun Durham Patchwork mini-market this coming Saturday at Fullsteam Brewery.  I had a great time earlier this month when I first participated and I'm really looking forward to doing it again! We will be there 12-4pm and lemme tell ya, the Brew is seriously tasty!


The Brigid Collection will be on sale at the event this Saturday!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate