Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Friday, June 11, 2010

habit forming


I'm trying to get some Summer reading in but it's been hard! This week I was busy every night, nonetheless I'm determined.

If you've got a creative block or need some ideas on a breakthrough I highly recommend Twyla Tharps's The Creative Habit. I got it yesterday in the mail and I haven't been able to put it down.

Twyla gives simple yet provoking methods for catching those droplets of inspiration. I'm only on chapter 2 and I'm already analyzing my own habits and rituals.

The Creative Habit is a great book for any kind of profession, not just 'creative' professions. Because honestly, creativity is needed in almost anything you do on a daily basis.

Check it out! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate