Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Tuesday, January 19, 2010

process shots

First broken heart brooch. Suger-fired black enamel and tulle set in copper.
Second brooch, prior to setting.
Almost ready for being set.

I've begun my Valentine's day pieces.

The black suger-fired brooch came out relatively decent - I'm not very happy with the setting.
The second brooch...I did more piercing and also put the prongs close to them = bad idea.
I'm not going to be shy about posting my errors as well as sucesses. Forethought should be considered in all steps which I'm still learning! grrr. I am however very happy with the design and odd shape of these brooches.

I'm going to make more of an effort to seek out the advice of the metals faculty, I may not be taking metal classes but that doesn't mean I shouldn't take advantage of my resources! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate