Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Sunday, January 10, 2010

in my dreams

I would travel, travel and travel! Then spend my free time making jewelry and promoting it.

Hopefully, I'll do this when I retire. And when I do travel, one of the countries that make my list is New Zealand. The terrain is so varied and beautiful, I must experience it and not only that, visit the artist and jewelers in New Zealand and Australia. I've come to notice that they have such a different and fascinating aesthetic, the way they arrange materials and use them is distinct and I always enjoy finding new artists.

Pieces of Eight is a gallery in Melbourne that represents some of the artists I find in intriguing. They also have a blog which I read on occasion.

I'm really digging Justin Austen's geometrical jewelry.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate