Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Tuesday, July 14, 2009

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand."

I just pulled this from another jeweler’s blog and it makes SO much sense.

Despite my attempts to get off the couch and make things…I haven’t been too good about following my intention. Often times I want to make something but I need a teacher, someone to get their wisdom! I have been good about first making samples of work before I actually get to using silver.

One project I’m really excited to work on in the future, is this awesome triangular lapis lazuli cab. I’ve had it for 2 years now, and I decided that it needs to be set in gold. The flecks of gold in the lapis contrast well with it. so first I’ve started in paper and this is the sketch I have worked out. I’ve never worked with gold and I’m excited yet a bit scared…

In the meantime I’m working on my painting inspired neckpiece, here’s where I am so far.









I'm pleased with the colors however it definitely took some time to get all the different enamels on the back piece. In the following week I'll need to purchase some small rubber washers; as recommended by Abby to layer inbetween the pierced piece so as the protect the enamel.
From there I'll thread wire through the holes to set up the necklace.

The piece above is a continuation of my seashell. I really enjoy working on these easy pieces as their more of a test and break from more intricate enamel work. All I so is fold form the copper and hammer it for texture and sift a transparent enamel. For this one I used ...oh fudge I forgot the name!!! argh, well as you can see it gives it a beautiful leathery look. I'm very pleased.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate