Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Wednesday, March 2, 2016

It all comes back to water

I'm a true Pisces sign, I love the water, I can be a bit emotional at times and all the other qualities that go with being a water sign.  With that said, throughout the past several years the theme of water and ocean resurface in my collections.  As you may have noticed with the Ondine collection, it's based on a nymph. 

Well, I was going back through old photos of my first collection when I moved into my studio at Art Avenue, this was back in the spring of 2012.  I loved this collection as I used old coral from my trip to Panama and it was a challenge in how to put these pieces together.  Also I'd never used brass, it's a beautiful golden color but no fun to solder!
Aragonite stones with brass and sterling silver, 2012. 

Aragonite, copper and sterling silver. 2012

Black coral electroformed and spray painted, brass. 2012

Black coral, electroformed and spray painted, sterling silver and brass. 2012


Sometimes going through old photos like these get's my creative juices flowing and also reminds me of the variety of pieces I've made.  As much as I love working with the talons, I enjoy breaking away and trying a different approach.  Most of these pieces have sold and aren't listed on my website or on Etsy.

I hope you enjoyed viewing them and as always thank you for reading!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate