I ask myself, what can I do? How can I help make a difference in the world. I'm sure some of you have the same thoughts going through your head. Or perhaps you don't know about the fact that palm oil is used in many American products such as coca-cola, snack etc. however palm oil comes from Indonesian and South American countries specifically it comes from the habitat of animals like the orangutan and tigers which no longer have homes due to the destruction of forests with palm oil.
So I decided to come up with suggestions and ways you can 'take action' from the comfort of your home. Simple everyday steps that help protect your environment and ones far away. Some of you may think, 'what difference does it make?' but that question is very easy - a BIG difference. When you multiply you times a thousand others it creates a huge effect.
1. Send emails, calls, faxes to your members of congress, legislators and council members.
Dedicate an email address specifically for your calls to action, that way you won't get spam mail to your personal address.
Some of my favorite organizations are:
The Ocean Conservancy
Alaska Wilderness League
2. Share this information with your family and friends, educate and urge them to take action. The more the better!
3. Do your part. Recycle, reuse, reduce. It is that simple. Pick up trash on your walks and throw it in the trash bin.
- Reuse shopping bags
- Donate old clothing to homeless shelters or use them as drop cloths
- repair and maintain the stuff you do have instead of throwing it away
- Use a water bottle instead of purchasing more water bottles
- Volunteer in your area or get to know where you live.
thank you for reading and stay lovely!