Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Monday, February 22, 2016

Of mermaids and nymphs

I've been a bit absent from my blog as of late, it's been a busy several weeks.  I was in DC at the beginning of the month for the Cabin Fever hosted by Crafty Bastards and then a week later (aka last week) I was in Las Vegas for my first wholesale show, Pooltradeshow with Magic and that was just craziness!

So here I am, finally at home and in throes of starting/finishing my spring/summer collection Ondine and I'm super excited about it.  It didn't take me too long to know how I wanted this collection to be and whom to work with.  We will be shooting this weekend with Aileen Devlin and it's going to be a blast.

I wanted to give you some insight into the new collection, I'm going back to the ocean for these pieces.  I truly love going to the beach and though I'm not much of a saltwater person there is so much mystery and beauty in the ocean.  I began to do research and came upon the story of Ondine, written by Frenchman Friedrich de la Motte Fouque, a tragic love story of a nymph that falls in love with a human.  Of course this story draws upon the myth of sea nymphs and mermaids, this collection isn't just based on Ondine but of the sensuality and otherworldiness of the ocean and it's vastness. 


I haven't set a date yet for the release but not to worry my friends I will keep you posted. 

As always thank you for reading and stay lovely!
xo Lisette
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate