Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Thursday, January 7, 2016

The Afterlife Exhibition and the ECU Metals Symposium

Ya'll know the routine here (in January) - I get super excited and tell you all about how amazing the ECU metals/jewelry symposium is and what's in store.  One of the big reasons I love it so much is I get to reconnect with my old friends and geek out over jewelry and metal objects. 

As you know I'm co-curating an exhibition with Barbara McFadyen to be held during the symposium at Art Avenue.  The Afterlife Exhibition showcases objects and artwork that display imagery of bones or using bones in a new and dynamic way.  The submissions were all beautiful and amazing and we curated pieces that work so well with each other. 

I'm really looking forward to meeting some of the artists at the reception/symposium.  So here's a bit of a sneak peak at some of the exquisite pieces in the show.  AND if you are in town, here is the FB event for you to RSVP.

The poster I designed last night, I love the simplicity of it.
Royal Mourning by Luci Jockel

Garrett Allen's super cool bracelet.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate