Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Sunday, March 16, 2014

Womanhood Enshrined Exhibition at the Art Room

A week ago today was International Woman's Day and Nelle owner of the Art Room Gallery in Greenville, NC invited selected artists to participate in an exhibition to celebrate the day, Womanhood Enshrined.   

The pieces touched upon the many ways a woman defines herself in society as well as the struggle to maintain so many roles; daughter, mother, wife, professional, goddess etc.   Below are some of my favorite pieces from the exhibition.

I loved this piece, all the delicate and symbolic treasures of a woman
Always loved this artist work.

And my piece, Lady of Life and Death, 2011
And me with my bestie, Paula Chrismon.  
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate