Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Wednesday, November 6, 2013

The Universe listens

Here is a little confession.  There have been days this year where I've seriously questioned how I'll survive being an independent jeweler, it's been a struggle as much as I've had success it's an up hill climb.  However I know it's worth it, when I sit at my bench and remember the first awe I had when I completed a ring or a bracelet.  

Several months ago, I had posted on an FB jewelry group for recommendations on jewelry displays and how to go about purchasing equipment.  Next thing I know I get an email from a fellow artist about two jewelry displays that she has in her basement, and are mine, for free if I'm willing to pick them up.  Luckily this was about an hour and a half drive away.

I could not believe my luck, and it hit me yesterday how fortunate and how when I do question how sustainable this career is, life throws me a bone or more like free display cases.  This person could've tried selling the cases but her generosity was a godsend, to me and Art Avenue.  I'm forever grateful for that.  Not just that, I'm so thankful for loyal customers and new people I meet that buy my jewelry.  

thank you, thank you, thank you!
Don't they look lovely displaying my jewelry?
Close up shot. 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate