Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Heart on Fire

I finished my Heart on Fire brooch a month ago but wasn't yet ready or perhaps feeling skeptical about posting it.

This brooch along with the Lady of Life and Death are my Mexican trip inspired pieces. It was really fun to use such bright colors and go a little crazy with layering metal and expressing my Catholic upbringing.

I definitely experienced some issues with putting all three pieces together and in the end had to create the silver rivet heads you see on it, instead of concealing how it was all attached.

Lisette Fee 2012 Enameled and powder coated copper,
steel and sterling silver rivets.
@Images not to be reproduced without permission.

Back of the brooch, 'cause you always have to look at it!
Enameled and powder coated copper,
steel and sterling silver rivets.

@Images not to be reproduced without permission.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate