Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Friday, December 16, 2011

Unearthed - New series of jewelry

I'd like to introduce a new jewelry series in my body of work and in my Eilisain Etsy Shop: Unearthed, jewelry featuring raw minerals and stones.

I'm very much attracted to stones that aren't perfect and beautifully organic.

I made these rings for my Casting II class and this series has opened me up to playing with stones in a clunky but elegant form, such as the faceted shank of this ring.



Now on sale in my Eilisain Etsy shop.

The pyrite is gently cupped and supported with blackened silver forms.

I'm just really pleased with this ring. And though the shank is slim, the pyrite is quite stable once on the finger. I just can't help making giant rings!

Celestite purchased from Points of Light.
So happy the store caught my eye.

Celestite is such a beautiful gem, the name says it all!

Here's some more information on celestite from Bestcrystals.com

Chemical Composition: Celestite is strontium sulfate, sometimes with much Barium.

Hardness: 3 - 3 1/2

Occurrence: Sky-blue colored brittle clusters of crystals, orthorhombic in structure, transparent to translucent. In the U.S. celestite may be found in New York, Ohio, and California. Excellent specimens are currently found in Madagascar. Also called celestine.

Metaphysical Properties: Clarity of mind, clear communication skills, balances energies, calming, harmonious. Excellent for use in dream recall and astral travel. In healing, celestite replaces pain with loving light. This delicate and exquisite crystal is lovely to behold.

Corresponding Astrological Sign: Gemini


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate