Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Handmade Holidays


This season I really made the effort to buy handmade gifts, such as the baby cap above by Nikki Little of Lil Loopy. I can't wait to see my niece and sister in law in their handmade caps.

I bought handmade holiday cards, prints, jewelry and photography. Though sometimes it can be tough to weigh the cost of handmade with mass produced products when the prices are so drastically different; however the biggest draw for me is supporting other makers like me. Which is what I did at the ECU holiday sale.

I was fortunate this season to increase my sales through Etsy and local sales - I know that firsthand, the economy of buying handmade is really important and good for each other. So I hope this holiday season, you will buy handmade too.

Hope you have a Happy Holiday season!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate