Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Thursday, July 28, 2011

Colonial Mexico

Oh yes, it is finally vacation time for Ms. Lisette Fee!!!

I'm very excited and ready to travel and explore a new place. I'm traveling with fellow metalsmith student, Laritza Garcia to visit our friend and also metalsmith and ECU alumni Jesse Bert.

We're planning a tour de art/metals in Southern Mexico; Taxco (famed for it's excellent crafted silver), Santa Clara del Cobre (famed for large chased/repoussed copper) and then San Miguel de Allende where Jesse resides to work in his studio.

It'll be such a great experience to see the work of traditional metalsmithery in Mexico and be inspired to make new work when I return.

Beautiful church in Taxco.

Look at all that silver!!! Only in Taxco, Mexico

Coppersmiths from Santa Clara del Cobre (of copper)


Beautiful copper handcrafted in Santa Clara del Cobre

I won't be posting for about 10 or so days, after my trip to Mexico I'll be back in G-Vegas for 2 days and then it's off to DC/VA for the Trifecta Trunk Show...no rest for the weary they say.

Hope you're having a great summer too!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate