Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Monday, April 5, 2010

Jem and the Hollograms and Gems

Back in the day when I was a little girl, I LOVED Jem and the Holograms. I'd wake up Saturday mornings, I think around 8am just to watch the show. I wanted to dress like her, basically be her.

One Christmas I got the Jem doll, with light up earrings and a very cool waterbed. She was so rockin'. Anywho, I was watching a video of Jem on youtube and I realized how cool her style is, albeit very 80's but I kinda like it now. I mean, check out the colored hair and neon outfits?!

Her makeup and accessories have me somewhat inspired to make some lightening jewelry...not that I haven't already done that.

For your viewing pleasure here is a video with Le Tigre (one of my fav Feminist bands) singing along to Jem.


Okay for reals, on Gemstones, I just got LarkBooks 500 Gemstone Jewels and it is packed with the most beautiful gemstone jewelry work I've ever seen.

I highly recommend purchasing this book. I flip through it almost daily.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate