Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Asteria Collection FW14 debuts


As I've written in previous posts, my newest inspiration has been the sky above us and the worlds beyond our planet.  The images and data we've received from telescopes are amazing and brilliant.

Thus I rummaged through all my stones, shells and bones to find something that represented within jewelry these mesmerizing images and thus the clam shell, with it's ridges and deep valleys became the centerpiece of the Asteria Collection, also based upon the Greek Goddess of the night sky. 

This collection has come together very well, I will be debuting it at Starlight Restaurant on the First Friday of the Fall season in Uptown Greenville with Amber Burnette of Dekay Photography.  We teamed up, Amber shooting the pieces with a model and later will do more artistic shots for our joint exhibition.  I'm very excited about this project as I'm working once again with local business and a photographer to showcase each other's talent.  Starlight's mixologist, Jimmie, even came up with a special drink for the event.  

And I was able to work with two amazingly talented artists; Huelala Esthetics by Laticia and hair by Candace Joyner of Schroko's Hair Salon.  

Stay tuned as more details and images will be forthcoming!
Galaxy ring, cast sterling silver with 3 mm Alexandrite stones.
Nasa image of a galaxy
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate