Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Sunday, May 18, 2014

Origins Passion and Beliefs Fair was unbelievable


My apologies for my lack of recent blog posts, I've been recovering from our trip to Italy and the Origins Passion and Beliefs Fair.  As my blog title says, it was unbelievable that the NJAL team along with Fiera de Vicenza got 100 designers to Italy and organized such a beautiful and awesome fair.  This really was the first of it's kind, bridging the digital world of exposing emerging designers to press, buyers, bloggers and the public.

I'll tell you that I was extremely nervous and worried that I would be out of my league and that the other designers would be aloof and a bit snooty, however it was completely the opposite.  I met the most warm, open and sweet people and made life long friends.  At the end of the 4 days, NJAL organized a roundtable and each designer expressed some words and we all laughed and cried and felt that it was a camp of sorts.  

I feel so blessed and lucky to have had the opportunity to participate in the fair, I made some great contacts, made some good press (got featured on Vogue Accessory FB page) and acquired some one of a kind fashion and jewelry! Okay, I splurged but it was SO worth it!

Below are just some of the photos I snapped on my phone (reason for the low quality).  I'll be posting more images next week.  


The NJAL team on the first day giving us details.


My good friend Ioana Ciolacu's booth, really obsessed with her pieces.  

Jojo Marguerite from New Zealand, her pieces were intricately beautiful. 

Mareunrol's maquette is just as exquisite as their work.

The most bright and colorful booth at the Origins Fair
Just some of the amazing layout of the fair, it was so modern and chic!
Part of my booth.  Fiera de Vicenza provided all of the furniture/displays in our booths,
with the exception of added pieces.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate