Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Thursday, December 5, 2013

Featured Artist: Jeremy Fineman of Bullfrog Ceramics

I can't believe I haven't blogged about Jeremy before, other than about Art Avenue bizznass.

Jeremy Fineman is pretty much my studio mate at AA, and our go to guy for any construction or building at Art Ave.  Oh and the reason for this post, he is an excellent ceramicist! His pieces are quirky and odd...kinda like Jeremy.  No seriously, there is a fun playfulness and intentional unbalanced nature to all of his pieces.  He likes to put rattles in the handle of his mugs or as below in the spinning top to his sugar bowl. 

His pieces make the best gifts, people love them!  And it has the special quality of being handmade and one of a kind.  I've given them as wedding gifts, birthdays and of course, Christmas gifts!

On a side note from Jeremy's awesome work, I can't say enough how essential he has been to the progress of Art Avenue.  He's helped recruit volunteers, members, supporters, given time to reorganizing the artist's studio and helped me fix some of my own equipment. 

Sugar bowls
My favorite mugs!
And Jeremy to the left of me, enjoying Andy Denton's ode to Art Avenue.

Thanks for reading, and don't forget: BUY HANDMADE THIS SEASON! 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate