Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Behind the Brooch book

I'm surprised that someone hadn't thought up the idea of this book before; however I'm so very happy that Lorena Angulo was the one to curate and launch the book.  She is a woman of force, constantly working in new mediums and experimenting.  I always enjoy reading her blog and facebook updates. 

Below is the cover of the book.  I seriously, CAN'T wait to get my hands on it, I'll have to wait about 14 months!    
The book will be available in February 2014 at Schiffer publishing.
 It's something of an inside thing, with jeweler's and metalsmiths that we always look at the back of a brooch; to study it and see how the designer utilized the back and incorporated design elements.  As with any object that is handmade or meant to last, it's so important to consider each part and function of the object.  

I'm very excited to say that I'll have two brooches featured in the book, this will be the first time I'll be published in a book!!!!  Can you tell how thrilled I am? 
Orthoceras brooch back, 2011
Be sure to bookmark Schiffer publishing and save the book to purchase next year.  Thanks for reading!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate