Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Visit to Jewelerswerk Galerie



The lovely Tanja, she has the softest and prettiest German accent.

Wearing an Iris Bodemer necklace. So envious!

Lisa Walker pieces on the wall.

It's like being in a candy store.

Lust, lust, and LUSTING for all of these pieces.

Would love to own a Darcy Miro cuff.

My friend Eva tried on an Iris Bodemer ring.
Quite wearable.


Delicious rings, I want that oxidized one with the mauve stone.

Bettina Dittlmann brooches (enamel on steel).

Since I was going to be visiting good friends in DC last weekend, I figured I might as well pop into Jewelerswerk Galerie (owner is Ellen Reiben) and see the new work they're exhibiting.

When I lived in DC two years ago I would always try and make it to the artist exhibits and attempt to talk to them, despite my nervousness. It's rare to have that treat of meeting the artist and learning their methods. I recall when Svenja John visited and I was truly amazed at how she came up with the concept for her pieces and getting them to fit seamlessly.

Tanja, the Galerie assistant was so kind to let me photograph the jewelry and ask her questions about her experience as a jeweler. I learned that in the Netherlands a citizen can actually request funding from the government to buy art - meaning, you don't have to pay for it, the government does!?! Seems like an extraordinary idea but wow, talk about supporting the arts. But Taina said that the program may possibly be cut, which would be terrible for the Galleries.

I left the Galerie with a renewed sense of purpose and inspiration.

Hope you enjoyed this post and thank you for visiting my blog.

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Teuvo, thank you for your comment - I accidentally deleted it - I'm sorry!!! Yes it is great to share ideas across countries. Brings us all closer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post Lisette! Thank you very much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Translate