Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Thursday, September 8, 2011

Swept away

When I was in Taxco, Mexico, as you can imagine, there was so much to buy and on I limited budget, I had carefully choose what to buy and I had a hard time making up my mind! Of course I gravitated towards the earthy/watery materials...like black coral and this awesome ammonite.

I decided to combine both and make this mini-brooch. It looks like a small squid, with the coral being it's tentacles.

What do you think?


Petrified ammonite set in sterling silver prongs.

A giant seashell my grandparents gave me.


The squids tentacles.

Stamped and ready to be worn!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate