Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Friday, October 9, 2009

another go at it

Since I royally f*ed up my first attempt at champlevee, I'm trying it again. Using the lessons I learned. I'm excited tho, I think it's going to be very lovely.
Last night when I was in the studio, I was talking to another student and we both agreed that it's always nerve wracking to begin a project that you can be so excited about because, we know as artists, the final product can end up very different from what we intended...or at least that is how it is for beginning metalsmiths.
but I have learned to go with it, to allow the piece to teach me just as much as I'm willing it and forming it to my will.
It's amazing the transformating that the final piece and myself go through. Pin It

1 comment:

Translate