Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Friday, September 25, 2009

patience is a virtue

And one field that requires it the most is metals and jewelry. Especially when enameling. First you must wash the enamels (if transparent) and prepare your metal, then fire, fire again, etc.
the past 2 weeks I've been working on the pendant above. I hope to have it completed by next week, which I should, in time for my cousins wedding.
It's the first time I did the saw and solder technique, from which I wrote in the previous posts.
nonetheless my hands are feeling the action of stoning the enamel. I've learned from working with enamels to be patient and be completely thorough in the process. Because if you aren't you can see all the errors!
And here are some more sketches from my drawing class.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate