Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Monday, September 14, 2009

why yes, this is yet another piece I'm working on. I write that with sarcasm because whenever I begin a new piece, something comes up to stall me. No ferric nitrate, no screws, the incorrect silver wire, I could go on and on. I know that these pieces (the ones that need the aforementioned supplies) will get done but it frustrates the hell out of me! argh!!!!
So, to pass the time or 'in the meantime' I do what I can. I began working on a piece to try champ-levee, utilizing the 'saw and solder' technique. I read about it in Linda Darty's Enameling book.
It's funny but I am almost more pleased with the copper and silver than the silver sweat soldered to silver.
I really love the contrast and have never combined silver and copper this way. So I'm NOT going to enamel it, and instead oxidize the copper to really play up the pretty silver.
And the more I look at it, the more I find it even more appealing for the fall.

The inspiration for my almost completely different pattern! I got this picture from my beloved older issues of Domino. Sadness :-(

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate