Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Eostre! Easter, Ishtar etc

Spring is my favorite season, it's warmer outside, the birds are singing happy songs, the flowers are blooming, it's pretty much like the beginning of any Disney or fairy tale movie!

I also love this time of year for what it symbolizes; a rebirth and awakening of the earth.  It's really a chance to start over and become something new and fresh.

Similar to what the stages of a butterfly; from a caterpillar to then a beautiful winged creature.  I snapped these photos last year when I was in DC for my trunk show at Redeem.  My boyfriend and I visited the Smithsonian Butterfly garden and it was such a treat to be surrounded by delicate winged creatures.

Caterpillars slowly morphing into butterlies. 
Looks like a face doesn't it? 

Thanks for reading and Happy Spring - whatever you call it!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate