Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Tuesday, March 9, 2010

What inspires you?


Barn Owl
Originally uploaded by BigBrotherBear

For me, inspiration varies from a song, belief to most often animals and more to the point birds.

Their wings, eyes and the odd shapes and colors that birds come in gets my creative juices going. Like this barn owl which I found while flipping thru photos on flickr. Ray Barlow has absolutely beautiful images of birds, several owls which fascinate me the most.
This barn owl is so elegant and regal.

So back to inspiration. What I've found common on most artists websites and blogs is that they find inspiration from nature; which is natural for us as humans but to me it's animals that intrigue me.

Last night I was flipping through a magazine and came across 2 elk, the position of the 2 elk and the way their horns intersected provided a very interesting negative shape providing me with a new pendant design.

What get's you going and excited to create?

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate