Eilisain aka Lisette in Gaelic

Welcome to my blog, where I document my process in making jewelry, muse on the influence of art and the joy of making beautiful objects.




Wednesday, September 9, 2009

fundamentals


Yes, I'm taking fundamentals of art school. on one hand it can be tedious and somewhat boring on the other hand, I look at it as another outlet of jewelry and metal practice. I've certainly taken these courses in high school however they're not from a credited university, or whatever you want to call it.
So here is one of my first 'gesture drawings'. I think it's pretty decent. I do enjoy working with charcoal and this class, drawing 101 is so much more enjoyable than my other...design. And above you see the easel we use to prop up our newsprint. Whenever I begin to think how 'tedious' it is....I recall 2 months ago, sitting at my old job, answering the phone or doing data entry and well, this is 100% better!
So on to jewelry and metals; since I don't have a job most of my free time is spent in the studio.
I finally finished filing my raised bowl and pierced it! It really was a chore piercing out the feather designs, but so pretty!Yes I know, the bowl isn't perfectly centered - I'll get it right the next time! This will be a lovely piece to place on my corner stand.
oh and here is a photo of my new bench set-up. Since I'll be at the school's studio most of the time, I'm bringing in my own bench, and with a cushioned, adjustable seat. I'm beginning to feel my 30's in my lower back...no fun!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate